CROM’s officers, staff members and field superintendents are highly trained professional individuals whose educational background is broad and whose experience in engineering, business, and construction is unparalleled in the tank industry.
- Currently we have 15 licensed professional engineers on staff, all dedicated to the design and construction of prestressed concrete tanks. In order to provide our engineers with practical hands-on experience in the design and construction of prestressed concrete tanks, each engineer with CROM is required to participate in an extensive field training program that culminates in the personal supervision of one complete tank construction project.
- Our Area Managers have a combined average experience of more than 17 years.
- CROM Superintendents have on average more than 29 years working with CROM and 19 years in their current position. Each new superintendent must complete a rigorous training program which requires extensive time with senior field supervisors learning tank construction techniques. During this phase each potential superintendent must pass all tests required for the craftsman training program, plus a final superintendent exam.
- The company, over a period of many years, has thoroughly trained hundreds of tank building craftsmen. Unlike work in other fields, construction of a water storage tank is unique in that leakage cannot be tolerated. This requirement dictates that each person in the field be trained to observe construction activities and be able to correct any deficiencies if spotted.
- Another key contribution to CROM’s success is the support provided by the home office and job servicing facilities. The personnel assigned to these locations provide all support activities that allow our field crews to efficiently build tanks. Specifically, these support services include: accounting, purchasing, human resources, safety and training, project management, business development, secretarial services, and drafting in our corporate office; and our logistics, equipment maintenance, research and development, fiberglass shop, aluminum shop, and lumber yard all located at our shop facility.
Liquid containment vessels are critical lifeline structures which must be designed with precision and care. Our team has extensive experience in the structural design of these elements. Many of these design professionals also participate as voting members on committees responsible for environmental liquid containment structures, including:
- ACI 350 Code Requirements for Environmental Engineering Concrete Structures
- ACI 372 Design and Construction of Circular Wire- and Strand-Wrapped Prestressed Concrete Structures
- ACI 371 Concrete Elevated Water Storage Tanks
- AWWA Standard D-110 Wire-and Strand-Wound, Circular, Prestressed Concrete Water Tanks
All told, it takes a team of professionals to deliver superb services to a large geographical area with many diverse projects. So when our clients decide to build a Crom tank, they are entering into a partnership with extremely knowledgeable professionals dedicated to the highest quality of workmanship concerning the tank’s watertightness, appearance, longevity, and dimensional accuracy.
All engineering services are provided by Crom, LLC.